(Stay tuned til the end of the post for Avengers pics!)
It’s Saturday! What a week it has been and what a week the next one will be too.
On the writing front I sent off 3 of my poems to the Nimrod contest on Monday. This year I finally get to go to the conference in October, so I’m greatly looking forward to it! Maybe I’ll be lucky enough to place as well. I’m currently finalizing my entries to Writer’s Digest. I missed the early bird deadline, but that’s okay. I’ll make it in before it shuts down for this year. (I enter Writer’s Digest yearly now. In 2010 I made 98th place and in 2011 I made it to 18th. Even if I’m still not in the top 10 this year, hopefully I’ll be ranked in the top 100 again!)
On the house front we finished our 3rd and final reinspection. The not-so-brilliant seller of the house we are buying left a gas leak by the hot water tank and every time he said he fixed it we would find out he’d made another one. I can’t wait to stop dealing with this man. Just a few more days! Unless something unexpected happens, we’re closing on Tuesday!!
That means this upcoming week is going to be hectic. In no particular order:
1) I need to contact the gas, water, electric, and trash companies to set up accounts.
2) I need to get our internet provider to transfer our account.
3) I need to get our new television provider to set up an account and install the boxes in our home.
4) I need to get the house sprayed and fogged for bugs. (Last time I was in the house my husband noticed I was leaning next to a spider. I looked. He was a brown recluse.)
5) And I need to do some initial cleaning of cabinets in the kitchen as well as a general dusting/vacuuming of the house.
In addition to this I need to finish packing the house (of which most is still unpacked), call the lawn people to come destroy the waist-high field of a yard, somehow figure out how to afford a new lawnmower, also figure out how quickly we can get appliances (of which we have some, but all need replacing soonish), and more.
Did I mention we’re moving the 14th? Continue reading